Search This Blog

Friday, June 9, 2023

Monday, May 29 Texas Repeat

 Monday, May 29

A comfortable 65 degrees this morning.   Greg took this interesting picture at sunrise - I've never seen the rays extending up through clouds from the rising sun!

We moseyed into town to get gas and some coffee (fuel for Greg).  This is when I realized that my wallet was missing!  What a horrible feeling!

After practically tearing the Trek apart looking for it, we retraced yesterday's activities and figured I must have left it at the Peaches stand.  We started the long drive back that way with the faint hope that the stand was operating today - Labor Day.  About 2 hours into the 4 hour drive, I got a call from brother Brett in Massachusetts, who remarkably had received a text from a woman named April who had found the wallet (in the road by the Peach stand).  I called her immediately and she gave us her home address in Spicewood, complete with entry gate code, where we could pick it up!  Alleluia!  Glad I had a slip of paper in the wallet with names and phone numbers of family!!

Greg was gracious and drove another half hour beyond the now infamous Peach stand area (no sign of the stand!) to this lovely home on a lake.

  April's husband met me at the door and was SO kind!  He even gave me a hug as I gushed my thanks😊. Nothing missing from the wallet except my list of phone numbers. Huge sigh of relief!  Then we turned around and headed back to the same spot in Iraan!  We took a little different road and found even more gorgeous wildflowers to further brighten the day!




Greg's comment:  "Darn expensive peaches!"

Slept well.


No comments:

Post a Comment